Why Is It Better To Create A Raised Garden Bed?
Image courtesy of Jody Rogac
Here is advice on how to build a raised garden bed for your backyard. Raised garden beds are fairly easy to construct and even easier to maintain.
- Easier access and more comfortable gardening, due to less bending and kneeling
- Greater productivity, producing higher yield for the area thanks to better drainage and deep rooting
- Ideal for smaller spaces (versus a conventional row garden)
- Overcomes rocky, poor, or abused soil by creating the ideal growing mix
- Allows for a longer growing season, since you can work the soil more quickly in the spring in frost-hardened regions
- Makes gardening easier; for example, intensive planting creates shade
Sourced from almanac.com. Visit http://www.almanac.com/content/how-build-raised-garden-bed for more in-depth details.